Tips to physicians doing physical examination to patients
- Show and impress upon the patient that the physical examination is a diagnostic tool.
- Do the physical examination systematically and meticulously. Don’t do it haphazardly.
- Do it gently until you are confident of your findings.
- Make a medical recording of your physical examination findings and show and explain it to the patient.
- Make a clinical / physical diagnosis out of your physical examination findings and explain to the patient your bases.