Review of ROJoson Medical Clinic Scheme of Consultation Based on Appointment Time
Reynaldo O. Joson, MD
April 3, 2015
To avoid long-waiting time of patients consulting at ROJoson Medical Clinic.
To have a waiting time of patients consulting at the ROJoson Medical Clinic not more than 1.5 hours.
Key Performance Indicators:
- R.O. Joson starting clinic session on time (on declared starting time) – starting April 7, 2015
- The waiting time of patients consulting at ROJoson Medical Clinic is not more than 1.5 hours.
- Inclusion: patients with booked appointment time and who arrived 30 minutes before booked appointment time.
- Exclusion: patients with booked appointment time and who did not arrived 30 minutes before booked appointment time.
- Exclusion: patients with no booked appointment time (old patients and new patients)
- R.O. Joson shall start on time (on declared starting time).
- Patients shall be given an appointment time and they have to confirm their appointment time a day before.
- Patients shall have to arrive 30 minutes before the appointment time.
- R.O. Joson shall have a contingency plan to adjust to any prolonged consultation time so as to ensure no patients shall have a waiting time of more than 1.5 hours.
- There will be a maximum of 20 patients per clinic session.
- There will be a maximum of 16 patients with booked appointment time. Four slots will be allotted for walk-in patients (new or old patients) without booked appointment time. If there will be less than 16 patients with book appointment time, more slots will be allotted for walk-in patients as long as the maximum of 20 patients per clinic session is maintained.
- A patient is booked for an appointment time, NOT a number.
- A patient without a procedure to be done will be allotted 10 – 15 minutes for clinic consultation.
- A patient with a procedure to be done will be allotted 15 to 30 minutes for clinic consultation.
- A patient has to call up the ROJoson Medical Clinic secretary (522-47-13 or 524-30-11 Loc 4100) for an appointment date and time. Booking may be done 3 months before; 2 months before; 1 month before; 1 – 2 weeks before; or even 1 day before.
- There shall be a confirmation of the booking one day before the appointment date. Otherwise, the booking shall be cancelled.
- A patient with a booked appointment time must arrive at the clinic 30 minutes before the appointment time. He/she must inform the clinic secretary of his/her arrival time.
- If late, a patient with a booked appointment time can be accommodated on certain conditions: he/she will be queued at the end of list of patients already booked for consultation on that day and as along the maximum of 20 patients per clinic session has not been reached.
- There will be a lunch break of 15 minutes for Dr. R.O. Joson and his clinic secretary.
- Typical clinic sessions of ROJoson Medical Clinic:
|10 am||11||12||10-12||8 pts|
|10 am||11||12||1||10-1||12 pts|
|10 am||11||12||1||2||10-2||16 pts|
|10 am||11||12||1||2||3 pm||10-3||20 pts|
|9 am||10||11||9-11||8 pts|
|9 am||10||11||12||9-12||12 pts|
|9 am||10||11||12||1||9-1||16 pts|
|9 am||10||11||12||1||2 pm||9-2||20 pts|
- Records to track achievement of key performance indicators:
ROJoson Medical Clinic
Tracking of Waiting Time of Patients (April 2015)
|Date:||Time Booked||Time Consultation Started||Time Consultation Ended|
|Name of Patients
|Name of Patients
(with no prior booking)
|Name of Patients
(with booking but late on arrival)